Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Holly Holbrook

Some of my favorite memories with Nana. Provided by Holly Holbrook
I always loved to hear Nana play the piano. My two favorite songs were "Robin's Return" and "The Music Box Dancer". Every time I visited, I asked her sit down and play these songs for me. Of course, she always obliged. Eventually, she gave me the music so I could learn these songs, and I still can't play them as well as she did. Her talents in music as well as writing always amazed me. Although I majored in En...glish and enjoy writing, I never had a talent for writing poetry. I love to read her poetry and reliving her experiences through her written word.
I also will never forget the summer I spent with Nana during the summer before 7th grade. She entertained me, as well as my other cousins, by teaching us how to golf, how to play cards, and of course, how to make Swedish pancakes.
I remember Nana's love of the scriptures and how much she enjoyed teaching the Book of Mormon. She loved to read and of course loved to watch good classic movies. This is something she shared with both my mother and me. One of the last times she visited me, she gave me some beautiful movies based on the lives of the great composers such as Edward Grieg, Listz and so on. I will always cherish the legacy she left behind for me to seek out the "virtuous, lovely, and of good report."

No comments:

Post a Comment