Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Lorin Jensen

Memories provide by Lorin Jensen.
I have many wonderful memories of Nana.
She was and is a very special grandmother and I will cherish all the times and opportunities I had to be with her. When I was a young boy, Nana and Papa Blaine took Rich and I to Yellowstone National Park several times. We loved to ride in Papa's white pickup and camper and view the sites from the big front window in the camper. Rich and I were a hand full when we were young and Nana was so patient and ...loving to us. It was always a treat to go camping and spend time with Nana and Papa.
We could always expect her Swedish pancakes on every visit to her house.
When I was a teen ager, Rich and I drove out from Nebraska to wrestling camp at BYU. While we were in Utah we went to visit Nana in Ogden. We had some free time and Rich and I were surprised when Nana suggested going to watch the movie JAWS at the theater. We thought it would be a little weird going to a movie with our Grandma but we went and had an awesome time.
Rich, Nana and I shared mission time together. All three of us were in mission field at one point and I thought it was cool. I loved getting her letters of encouragement and support and we shared a special missionary spirit of love and service.
Later, when Sue and I were living in Provo and going to BYU, I had to have a kidney operation and Nana was the first one to the hospital to support me and give Sue and I companionship, comfort and love. I vaguely remember this but Sue said that when I was coming out of anesthesia, I yelled "Shuuuut Uuuup" because Nana was continuously talking, talking, talking in my recovery room. This didn't faze Nana, she just said, "Sue, lets go out into the waiting room and talk and let Lorin sleep." I feel bad because I never did tell Nana sorry for yelling "shut up".
Nana knew the importance of family and made herself available to all the important events in my life, my baptism, Ordained to the Aaronic Priesthood, leaving and returning from my mission, several Temple experiences together, my wedding and many others.
Her testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ is unwavering and solid. She has always been a wonderful example to me of how to be a righteous servant and loving person.
I will always love Nana and hope to live my life in such a way that I will to be able to see her again and be part of her eternal family.
Thank you for being my wonderful Nana.
Lorin Jensen

No comments:

Post a Comment